Set-Apart Woman (True Purity)

"True Purity is so much more than a Christian rule to endure. True purity is so much more than the noble decision to wait for a future spouse. True purity is complete set-apartness for our heavenly Prince. True purity comes only when we fall into the loving arms of our Jesus Christ, surrender ourselves fully to Him, and allow Him to tenderly shape us into His likeness." -Leslie Ludy from Authentic Beauty.


I can't agree more with Leslie on this definition of true purity. "Purity" is not the most favorite topic for young people. As a matter of fact, the topic of purity sounds too serious and boring for them. It makes sense. In this modern era, having purity is something that is not common. People will think that there's something wrong with you that causes you to want to keep your purity. When I first told someone that I had never kissed anybody, she was like "What? Why?" she didn't get it because nowadays, when you're dating someone, kissing is just considered as shaking hands.. For me, I want to keep my purity for the right one (my husband)..


But purity is more than just not kissing anyone. Purity is about the heart. It's about guarding your heart. I might have not kissed anyone, but purity goes beyond that. Many times, I almost let go of my heart to someone that's not ready to have it.. But thank God, He stopped me from doing it. Girls, I want to encourage you to guard your heart. It is the most valuable thing that God has given to us. Many people will try to steal your heart. However, the right person will not just steal your heart, but instead he will ask God for it :)


I am so thankful that I kept my heart for my husband-to-be. Instead, I just gave my heart to God and let Him put it in the right hand. Now, it is secured in the right man. Haha. I just don't know how it will be if God had not put it in the right person. My heart will be tossed and burnt.


Ladies, nothing is too late. If you already gave your heart away in the past, God can give you a new heart if you're willing to fully surrender to Him. Stop trying so hard to find a guy for you. I'm not saying that you should sit around and do nothing. But, hear what I'm saying, God knows your heart more than anyone.. He knows the best person for you. Just give your heart to Him and He will put it in someone else's heart that is ready to cherish you, just like what He did to me :) Don't ever give your heart away before giving it first to Jesus Christ, our First & True Lover.






xoxo,




Yemima H

Comments

Popular Posts