Enough is enough.

These past few weeks the devil has attacked my mind in the area of self-image.. I just feel like I don't look good enough, I'm not beautiful, I'm not attractive and so on.. I realize that I have to make a bold decision. I have to unfollow "fashion bloggers" on my Instagram that have been a big influence in my life.. I know it's hard to not want to look good in this day and age. Everything around us just bombards us with the message of "buy this product, it will make your skin glow. Drink this vitamin, it will make you look younger" and the list goes on.. I am powerless to stop those ads. I know we're just gonna be fed with those kinds of things everyday.. The choice is on us. Do we wanna buy those lies or not? I'm not saying that all beauty companies are liars.. some products do really work! But, do we want to be defined by them? Until when are we gonna be satisfied? The truth is, we're never gonna be satisfied unless we find our identity in Christ. I grew up in the entertainment industry. I started modeling when I was a baby! I remember being a model for a baby product. I just felt the need to always look good until I got to a point where my heart screamed "enouuugh!!" I can't live like that anymore.. I can't keep up with this world. I can't keep up with the latest beauty products. I can't keep up with the latest fashion style. I just can't keep up with the trends. I know that I'm still a part of this entertainment industry but I really can't be like the (most) people in this industry.. if not keeping up with the latest trends/fads is causing me to be left behind, then it is better for me to be left behind in this world rather than being left behind in my spiritual life.. I'm sorry if this post sounds so intense, I just can't help it anymore. If you're a fashion blogger/a beauty blogger, I still love you ❤️ this is not your fault, this is just something that happens in this fallen world. I know some beauty bloggers who are still real and honest on their posts.. beauty is not on the outside but beauty is in your mind and heart. Let us encourage each other to take care what's on the inside more than what's is on the outside.

Xoxo,


Yemima H.

Comments

Popular Posts