It's Worth It!


Last Saturday at church, our reading was from Psalm 73. It was the question that most of us ask to God, “Why do good things happen to bad people and why do bad things happen to good people?” It was a really interesting question. However for me, the more interesting thing is that sometimes, without realizing it, we see ourselves good/even better than other people while actually we all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God (Romans 3:23). I’m just going to use “I” instead of “we” in these next few sentences, because I do believe that these next few words are for me. Sometimes I thought I get good things because I do good things. That’s not how it works. God gives me good things because HE IS good. God doesn’t differentiate the righteous and the unrighteous. Of course we (believers) will have eternal life once we accept Him as our God and live according to His will but, God is good to everyone. The question that we must ask ourselves or let me say the question that I have to ask myself is: ‘WHY do I do good things?’ When bad things happen to us as a devoted Christian, that’s when we have to check our motives. Problem is not always a test from God. Problem is something that we face as long as we live in this fallen earth. However, I do believe (this is not an easy thing to say) that in the midst of our problems, that’s when we can really see our character and our faith in Christ. I once heard a preacher says that problem does not only SHAPE our character, but also SHOWS our character. In this case, problem shows our true motive in serving Him. I’m only 21 and I still have so much to learn.. I wish I could have understood all of this in my early age or back in the days when I was still in elementary/junior high.. When I was still in school sometimes I put people in the ‘boxes’. The truth is God has smashed those ‘boxes’ or ‘labels’. When Jesus came to this earth, He already smashed all the boxes and labels, now He also wants us to smash those boxes and love all people. Instead of being envy to those people that we label as ‘bad’ or those who do not have the kind of relationship that we have with God, why don’t we love them? J I haven’t written for a while so I thought I just wanna share this with you! Hope you’ll be blessed!

P.S: If you happen to ask the same question that Asaph asked in Psalm 73:13-14 “Why am I keeping my heart pure? Is it worth it?” the answer is “It’s worth it!” One day we will see God face to face and hear Him say “Well done, my good and faithful child!”

Oh how I can’t wait for that day! J

Comments

Popular Posts