Precious moment

Have you ever watched "about time"? It's a movie played by Rachel McAdams and Dohmnall Gleeson. If you haven't watched it, well, you should! 
This movie makes you think that every moment is precious. You can't turn back time (Although in this movie, the character played by Dohmnall actually can) that's why you should enjoy every moment in your life even the simplest and smallest moment. I have three sisters and a brother, we used to live together.. Back then having a dinner together is something that I do everyday with them and I considered it as nothing special. Now, I wish I could turn back time and do it all over again. How many times we take those simple moments for granted? Walking along the beach, sitting on the garden, hearing your boyfriend/girlfriend saying "I love you and want to grow old with you", watching classic movies when it rains, smelling the scent of the flowers, etc. I love the lyrics of the song of The Passenger, Let Her Go: 

Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go

That's just one of the songs that remind us to value every moment that lies before us.
I just got back from Bali and I'm missin Bali so much right now! Maybe that's why I'm a bit melancholic here :) but my point is: People change, life changes. We can't stop that because it is inevitable but we can stop and thank God for that.

-Yemima Hutapea-


Comments

Popular Posts